NOVUS #2 PLASTIC FINE SCRATCH REMOVER
64 oz., 192 oz. Total, PN# PC-208
Removes fine scratches, haziness and abrasions from most plastics. With repeated use, NOVUS No. 2 restores faded and discolored plastics.
- Removes the damage instead of filling it in
- Buffs out quickly
- After restoring, seals with a coat of polish
NOVUS #2 PLASTIC FINE SCRATCH REMOVER – Removes fine scratches, haziness and abrasions from most plastics. With repeated use, NOVUS No. 2 restores faded and discolored plastics.
- Observe condition of the surface to be treated. The deeper the scratches, the greater the pressure required to remove them. If the surface is dirty, clean with NOVUS No.1 before applying NOVUS No. 2.
- Shake well. Test in an inconspicuous area
- Apply NOVUS No. 2 liberally. Using a clean, soft cloth, polish with a firm back-and-forth motion at right angles to the scratches. Keep the cloth saturated with polish at all times.
- When the worst scratches have been polished out, reapply NOVUS No.2 uniformly in a circular motion to the entire surface using short, circular strokes and light pressure. Allow to dry to a light haze.
- Using a clean portion of the cloth, buff the surface to a slippery glaze using firm, short strokes. This procedure is imperative in achieving the best results.
- For heavy scratches, multiple applications of NOVUS No. 2 or application of NOVUS No. 3 may be required.
- Follow with NOVUS No. 1 for best results.
Power Buffer – If the damaged area is fairly large or badly damaged, a power buffer may be used with NOVUS No. 2 and No. 3. Use a clean cotton bonnet and operate the buffer at a low speed to avoid overheating the plastic, approximately 1,000 RPM. Each polish should be applied with a separate, clean bonnet.
Before Polishing – Before attempting to clean or remove scratches, always make sure the plastic is cool to the touch. Use a liberal amount of plastic cleaner to safely remove surface dust and dirt. In addition, test scratch removers in a small or inconspicuous area for compatibility.
Coated Plastics – Some plastics are coated with a thin film which may be damaged by the abrasives in the polish. NOVUS No. 2 and No. 3 Polishes are not recommended for use on coated plastics or eyeglass lenses.
Polishing Cloth – The type of polishing cloth you use will make a difference. The ideal cloth is nonabrasive, absorbent and lint free. To eliminate any chance of scratching, use only disposable cloths. Reusable cloths can retain abrasive particles, but you won't know for sure until the damage is done. Use a soft cotton cloth (such as a diaper), avoid using polyester or rayon wipes which can scratch unprotected plastics.
NOVUS PLASTIC POLISHES THE PROFESSIONAL AND EXPERT CHOICE
Since NOVUS first introduced NOVUS Plastic Polishes in 1973, the number of plastic products has grown tremendously. Yet, as widely used as plastic is, many people are still not sure how to care for it.
By using a few simple techniques, along with NOVUS Plastic Clean & Shine No. 1, NOVUS Fine Scratch Remover No. 2 & NOVUS Heavy Scratch Remover No. 3, you can actually add life to plastic and keep it looking new. Best of all, you don't have to be a pro to get professional results.
Try NOVUS polishes, and you'll see why manufacturers of plastic/acrylic products have used and recommended NOVUS Polishes for years!
NOVUS has been the best kept secret for years, but the word has gotten out to millions of people that NOVUS can restore and clean your plastic/acrylic products. NOVUS Polishes have saved manufacturers and consumers millions of dollars over our 30 years in business.
Don't settle for anything but the very best!
HERE ARE JUST A FEW USES FOR NOVUS POLISH
- DVD's, Video Games, CD's
- Auto Headlamps, Interiors, Gauges, Chrome, & Acrylic Paints
- Microwave Oven Doors, Decorator Acrylic Refrigerator Panels
- Motorcycle Windscreens, Visors, Fairings & Helmets
- Snowmobile Windshields, Helmets, & Hoods
- Acrylic Hot Tubs & Spas
- Boat Windows & Fiberglass
- Salad Bar Sneeze Guards
- Emergency Vehicle Light Bar Lens Covers
- Plastic Storm Windows & Skylights
- Collapsible Windows on Convertibles & Sport Utility Vehicles
- Turntable Dust Covers, Stereo Faceplates
- Acrylic, Fiberglass or Cultured Marble Tubs, Showers & Counters
- Acrylic Aquariums
- Telephones, Pagers, Scanners
- Acrylic Trophies & Awards
- Plastic Display Cases & Signs
- Gauges & Instrument Control Panels
- Safety shields & Goggles
- Airplane Windows
- Video Games, Pinball Machines & Jukeboxes
- Copiers and Fax Machines
- Acrylic Furniture
- Cash Registers & Calculators
- Acrylic on Tanning Beds